Sunday, January 10, 2010

01/10/10 playoffs


Thus far we've seen teams with a better D come through twice in this wild card weekend. The Jets shut down the Bengals, and the Cowboys walloped the eagles. Early on I decided against a play on this team, but because I do like Philly, I tried a conservative +10.5 bet which still lost. Live and learn. If you followed my Jets or NBA Philadelphia picks, you're still way up though

My Ravens pick is looking good as of halftime, and as predicted, the better Ravens defense and a Pats offense without Welker has been shut down (minus the punt recovery, which honestly, should have been called the Raven's ball).

I'm still looking forward to the Green Bay/Arizona game, which has a line move of close to 5 points in the GB direction since early this week. The smart money is moving that line, because Everyone knows the GB defense is much better than Arizona's. If AZ can't throw the ball, this game should end with the Pack up by at least a touchdown.

We'll see if the "better defense" trend continues through the playoffs... Traditionally it has

2 comments:

  1. Darrell Revis is awesome. Love that pic but it makes uncomfortable to know that Revis has power over everywhere I go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what Chip says, offense wins games, but only I can win championships.

    ReplyDelete